Sunday, June 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today, June 14, is my dad's birthday. It is also Flag Day. He would always talk about Flag Day and his birthday coinciding. He once made jokes about the flags on Flag Day being in celebration of his birthday.

My dad took joy in very simple things. Every year I gave him a birthday card, and it always meant so much to him. In 2012 I remember the emotion he expressed when I gave him his birthday card. He said that he and I were the closest and that it had always been that way. He had tears in his eyes. This is the first birthday of his since he passed away. It is hard for me today, but I love my dad so much, so I still want to wish him a happy birthday.

He promised he would be waiting on the other side, so here is to your day, Dad. I hope you are enjoying some angel food cake today. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment